Thursday, February 16, 2012

"WOULDN'T IT BE CRAZY COOL IF...."

In reading Chalene Johnson's new book titled "PUSH" this month, I've been quite focused on priorities and goals. She says the best goals come when you come up with them with this thought in mind: "WOULDN'T IT BE CRAZY COOL IF...?" So instead of regular goals like being able to run 5 miles without stopping or the ever-so-popular "lose 20 pounds" this year, I'm making real goals. The more you write them down and tell people about them, the more likely they are to come true. My first set of goals included things like trying a new recipe every week, opening an IRA, and completing the TurboFire home workout program. I'm on Day 25 of TurboFire right now and it's been much easier than I thought it would be, so that goal isn't super hard. Opening an IRA takes about ten minutes online and maybe a phone call and a check. I've already got the extra money sitting in a separate savings account waiting for me to do that. I've been trying out new recipes and reading recipe blogs. So...why don't I set goals for myself that aren't so easy to attain? Those ones require only a small amount of effort. REAL results and the life-changing transformations don't happen with easy goals; they happen with the big, scary ones you may not even believe are possible.
So here it is. WOUDLN'T IT BE CRAZY COOL IF I QUIT MY JOB TO GO TO EUROPE FOR 2 1/2 MONTHS?!?! Because I'm going to! I leave for London March 28th or 29th, depending on when I get on a plane becuase I'm flying standby. So far, the tentative plan is to fly into London to meet my bff Diana there, spend a few days touring the city and visiting some places of mass importance (like to visit Alfred, Lord Tennyson in Westminster Abbey). Then we'll fly together to Spain, get rail passes, and spend the next couple of months traveling all over Europe. OH.MY.GOSH.

No comments:

Post a Comment