Friday, October 19, 2012

Freelance Life

Working freelance isn't as easy as most people think it is. Sure, I get to sleep in if I feel like it although I don't because I wake up and go to the gym first thing in the morning. I really don't "have" to work if I am not in the mood, but I really do need to work as much as possible, because freelance isn't the most profitable business to be in, at least not yet.

People think I do nothing all day long, but that couldn't be further from the truth. Sure, I can sit around in yoga pants with my hair in a bun, but I am always working on multiple projects at once. Even though freelance writing and gym time are the only two basic things on my schedule for a day, I do have to schedule the writing time. Most projects have deadlines, and it's important that I don't mix them up.

Here's an example from this week:

1. Rewrite a 500-word article that another writer published on bankruptcy and medical bills.
2. Write a 600-word article on new bankruptcy laws and eligibility.
3. Write an article for a scrapbooking magazine.
4. Write 13 instruction guides for creating birthday and holiday cards for a scrapbooking magazine.
5. Write website content for a local law firm. (home page, services, about us)
6. Write 30+ blogs and articles for a marketing company every day.
7. Create content for a website business I'm starting with one of my good friends. Write up business plan and service details.
8. Edit excerpts from Justin's manuscript. Yes, I'm editing a book for an LDS writer!

See? I'm busy. Plus, I've also been doing a coach training academy for my Beachbody business, learning all about how to be a better coach and how to get more people invested in their health and fitness. I also met with a personal trainer this week to figure out how to kick start my own fitness to get me past this plateau. And I've been doing the Beachbody Ultimate Reset, which is a 21-day reset and detox nutrition plan. So lots of cooking and planning out recipes and supplements.

No comments:

Post a Comment